Saturday, July 18, 2009

Great Expectations

Disclaimer: I'm feeling really sorry for myself today. So let me preface this post by saying that whining, bitching and moping are about to occur, so if any of these offend you, you probably want to leave before reading any further. That being said...

There is very little that displeases me more than my expectations not being met, for things to not go as I plan (in my head). I had such high hopes for this weekend-- I was looking forward to enjoying some fun times with the kids & hubby, doing some swimming, seeing some friend-- just relaxing in general. I should have known better.

Driving home Friday evening, my phone just totally dies. It was fully charged, so I'm assuming it's a battery problem. I've never been one that cares about having a top of the line phone, or whatever new thing is popular. I just want something that I can take pictures with and text easily. I've had my phone for three years, problem free, so it has served me well. I bundle up the kids and go over to my local T-Mobile store, stand in the tiniest space ever (full of about fifteen people--seriously, you couldn't even move), with two kids mind you, for an hour-- and then they tell me that the can't give me the advertised price. Apparently, you only qualify for a decent price on a phone if you're a new customer. They could care less if you are an longtime customer who pays their bill on time, and has never even had an upgrade. I had found a phone that I truly loved and was actually excited about, but I refused to write a check that was almost the equivalent of a car payment for a phone. Thus began the weekend.

Cuddled up in bed last night with my baby girl, giving her a back rub when she starts complaining that her head itches. And there it is again...the lice that we just dealt with a month or so ago. Are you f'ing kidding me?? I gave her a bath Thursday night, there was nothing there, and then she comes home from daycare on Friday with this shit again. Don't get me wrong... I don't blame the daycare in any way. I know that this is an unavoidable problem when you get that many kids in one location. But I DO blame some parent who is obviously continuously sending their child to daycare when they should have them at home treating them!! Thus began another weekend totally shot to hell spent disinfecting and washing every item of fabric in the house and giving both kids RID treatments. Jaxen hasn't been hit with it, but I see no sense in not treating him at the same time, just in case.

Wake up in the middle of the night with a lovely monthly visitor. I have such painful cycles that I knew this pretty much meant I was out of commission today. And I was right. I've hurt like crazy all day-- which always annoys Jr. to no end and makes him all short tempered and irritated with me. He doesn't understand it all of course, because he's ... well... a man. Kind of like trying to make them understand what labor pains feel like. He still thinks they were all in my head. (I'll just pause here for a moment while every female reading this gets angry over that statement.)

We sit down to dinner tonight and Jaxen was whining about the fact that we're having spaghetti for dinner, saying that it hurts his stomach. I have no idea where this began. He used to love spaghetti. So of course Jr. is telling him to just eat his damn food, when Jaxen starts to gag. Jr. thought he was faking and tells him he better not even think about acting like he's gagging on the dinner I've made. Well, when J-Bo got up and ran to the restroom, I knew we were in trouble. He didn't even make it. Threw up all over the hallway and the bathroom. Obviously, he really didn't feel good, and then I felt like crap for not believing him.

I just feel like crying. I'm not normally a crying type of person--it usually only happens when I'm really tired and/or frustrated, but I can feel the waterworks coming on. I am feeling crampy, bloated, irritated, like things are totally out of my control. *sigh* Damn those expectations that didn't get met.

3 comments:

Mommy of Three said...

i have to agree. you have had a shit ass weekend. sorry girl cant sugar coat that one. but at least tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it, yet. ( yes i love anne of green gables)I always get pretty emotional during that time of month too. i'm sorry yours are so awful. I hope things look brighter tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

shortmama said...

I am so sorry you have had such a shitty day! Dont you feel like when it rains it friggin pours!! It cant just be one thing wrong it has to be EVERYTHING?! If you were close I would share some of my rum and Coke with you...it makes everything better...LOL

chelle said...

oh dear you have had a rough go ... BIG HUGS!

I'll just pause here for a moment while every female reading this gets angry over that statement

AHHH! So not fair that they just do not get it. It is so way harder to roll with it when you are feeling like crap and the hormones are wild.

Hang in there :)