After my totally self-indulgent post yesterday, I thought it would serve me well to put myself in check and list things I'm grateful for on this Sunday. Thus begins the perspective:
1. I'm glad Jalyn is feeling better. She spent the majority of today throwing up (obviously had the same thing that Jaxen was plagued with last night), but as of about seven p.m., she bounced back to her normal self. Fed her a light dinner and it seems to be staying put. Thank God!
2. Farkle. I've resisted playing Farkle on Facebook for some time now, simply because I knew I would love it. I'm a huge Yahtzee fan, and Farkle has many similarities. But today I broke down and gave it a whirl. I lost some hours of my life that I'll never be able to get back... but that's okay. I had fun and so did the kids. They enjoy playing it as well, so I don't feel quite as guilty sitting with my laptop all day:)
3. My Dad. I'm such a Daddy's girl, and as soon as he read my post from yesterday, he called to check on me and cheer me up. (Sorry I couldn't chat longer, Dad, the kids have a problem with me talking on the phone. They don't like it when they don't have my undivided attention, LOL).
4. My new lime green nail polish. I know, I know... I'm such a dork. But you all know how much I love my green and it just makes me smile when I look at it:) And as an added bonus, I haven't been biting my nails! The only time during my life when I didn't bite my nails was when I had braces and literally couldn't do it. But as soon as I raise my nails to my mouth, I see the bright green and it triggers a little alarm bell in my head-- resist the temptation!!
5. Wasabi & Soy Sauce Almonds by Blue Diamond. I've been avoiding these at the quick-stop for the same reason I've been avoiding Farkle- I knew I would get addicted. But I broke down last night and tried some, and Lord have mercy, are they good! Almonds are my favorite nut (also my snack of choice if given the option), so when you add a little kick to them as well-- match made in heaven if you ask me.
So there it is. Just a few things that are making me happy today. Hey, it's the little things, right??
4 days ago