Sunday, March 8, 2009

Out of The Mouthes of Babes

ShortMama over at Family of Shorts posted this great entry with questions you ask your kiddos to see what they really think of you. Of course, the results are quite interesting... (especially considering my kiddos are four and five:))

1.What is something I always say to you?
Jalyn: "Stop throwing and stop kicking"
Jaxen: "To go play"


2. What makes me happy?
Jalyn: "When we're good and when we clean up, too." (I'm sensing a pattern here.)
Jaxen: "Being good."

3. What makes me sad?
Jalyn: "When we're bad and don't clean up."
Jaxen: "Onions" (LOL!)

4. How do I make you laugh?
Jalyn: "You make funny words and funny faces."
Jaxen: "When you tickle us."


5. What was I like as a child?
Jalyn: "I don't know." (she has no concept of my life before "Mom" :))
Jaxen: "A girl."

6. How old am I?
Jalyn: "16"
Jaxen: "20" (Damn straight.)


7. How tall am I?
Jalyn: "Big, like (envision large hand motions) huge."
Jaxen: "11 feet" (In reality, I am a mere 5'1".)

8. What is my favorite thing to do?
Jalyn: "Clean up the house. Cause that's what you really do." *sigh*
Jaxen: "Clean. Go to the Fish House."


9. What do I do when you're not around?
Jalyn: "Try to look for us." (Cracking up on this one!!)
Jaxen: "Work."


10. If I become famous, what will it be for?
Jalyn and Jaxen: "Being rich. Winning the lottery." ( I blame this one on their dad who keeps talking to Jaxen about everything they are going to buy when we hit the lottery. Jaxen, of course, now asks on a regular basis if we hit the lottery.)

11. What am I good at?
Jalyn: "Cleaning house."
Jaxen: "Reading books." (AMEN!!)

12. What am I not very good at?
Jalyn: "I don't know." (I'm suprised she didn't say cleaning on this one!)
Jaxen: "Playing video games."



13. What do I do for my job?
Jaxen and Jalyn: "Work and clean up the house." (Oh. My. God.)


14. What is my favorite food?
Jalyn: "Vegetables, tomatoes & lettuce sandwich, broccoli, vegetable soup, fish."
Jaxen: "Calzone" (Hmm... I think this may be a clue that we order Mazzios too often.)


15. What makes you proud of me?
Jalyn had no answer on this one.
Jaxen: "When you scratch our stomach, rub our stomach, scratch our back, rub our back and tuckle us in." (This being our nighttime ritual. Note the use of "tuckle". It's just too cute to correct.)




16. If I were a cartoon character, who would I be?
Jalyn: "Little Mermaid"
Jaxen: "Flapjack... little kid who goes on adventures with Captain Kanuckles." (Apparently this is some Cartoon Network show that I've tuned out. Please don't call me Flapjack. I'll get a complex.)


17. What do we do together?
Jalyn: "Celebrate, eat, paint."
Jaxen: "Clean up, play games like Sorry."



18. How are we the same?
Jalyn: "White hair."
Jaxen: "We both have closets." (Apparently, J, J & I have closets, but Dad doesn't. In reality, he has way more clothes than me!)


19. How are we different?
Jalyn: "You sit in the front seat of the car."
Jaxen: "We have different jackets." (Both very insightful and true.)


20. How do you know I love you?
Jalyn: "Cause we're smart and we're helpful." (I love her big vocabulary!)
Jaxen: "Cause you scratch our stomachs, rub our stomachs, scratch our backs, rub our backs, and tuckle us in."


21. Where is my favorite place to go?
Jalyn: "Sonic" (I think this was just the first thing she thought of, cause we really don't go there that often."
Jaxen: "The Fish House , Mimi and G-Daddy and Aunt Sarah's house."
(Note: The Fish House is our favorite restaurant.)

All in all, a very insightful exercise. I love how the kids never mention any of the fun things we do. None of the trips to the library. Or the park. Or our weekly trip to the Donut Shop. Nothing about the fact that I love to sing. But hey... they are four and five. I guess it's only normal that their concept of me only seems to include cleaning (although that kind of hurts my "peelings", as Jalyn would say.). Just proves my theory: I spend too much time cleaning!!!

So ask away-- ask your friends, your spouse, your kids-- whoever you want & see what they really think:) And don't forget to share the link with me so I can enjoy their answers as well!!

8 comments:

Jessican said...

That was too funny. I love the word "tuckle"

Anonymous said...

How adorable is that...tuckle?! Priceless.

2 kids...3 martinis said...

cute!

on #17, when I first read it, I thought it said, "eat paint" and I said, "whaaaaa?"

thanks for explainin' the "fish house". there for a minute, I though you ice fished or something!

Anonymous said...

OH HAI, I titled my post the *same thing* today. I think we're syncing.
I'll do this out of curiosity, but if I never post it it's because their answers were too embarrassing to post. Who am I kidding? I'll post it anyway.
PS I wouldn't have corrected it, either. ADORABLE!

Kaye said...

Love your blog! I miss you! I sure wish we lived closer! You are as funny as I remember! I am now an official "follower" also known as a technology advanced stalker! ha! I'll be reading! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

KAYE!! I'm so excited that you're on blogger. I love communicating with everyone on her. And I can't wait to go check out your page and read/stalk you as well:)

XOXOXO!

HeatherPride said...

I love that the kids think it's your job to clean up the house!!!! I know that feeling....

Peggy said...

Checking out my fellow music lover's site...too cute!

Re #10...we were watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire when it first came out and I went online to do the "play at home" game...a little while after the show had ended my then 6 year old asked what time the man was coming over with the money?

Kids are awesome!