Well, it's officially a new year. And here's to putting 2008 behind and looking forward to fantastic things in 2009! In support of my resolution to read more, here are some books that I'm really looking forward to in the new year.
1. What I Did For Love by Susan Elizabeth Phillips- TBR 1/27/09. SEP is my very favorite romance author. I devour every book she releases, and since it is often two to three years between books, I am absolutely craving some new SEP characters to fall in love with by the time she has a new title out. I'm so excited that 2009 is going to start off with an SEP fix!
2. The Temptation of the Night Jasmine (Pink Carnation Series #5) by Lauren Willig- TBR 1/22/09. I can't recall which blog reviewer raved so highly about this series that I felt compelled to read them, but all I can say is THANK YOU!!! What makes this series different than your run of the mill historical fiction writing is that it mixes a contemporary relationship into the mix as well as the historical action. No, there's no time travel involved-- but the chapters simply alternate between the historical and current time. Lauren Willig keeps it light and entertaining, but also teaches you a little about history as well. Fantastic series!
3. My Jesus Year: A Rabbi's Son Wanders the Bible Belt in Search of his Own Faith- by Benyamin Cohen. This title is already available and is totally up my alley. I can't wait to read this one!
4. Greek Expectations: The Adventures of Fearless Fran in the Land of the Gods by Frances Mayes. Frances Mayes' title "Under the Tuscan Sun" is one of my favorite books of all time, and I can't wait to settle in with her newest work. The most lyrical writing that pulls you in and makes you feel as if you are actually wherever it is she is speaking about. A vacation from your reading chair... how great is that???
5. Sand in My Bra and Other Misadventures: Funny Women Write from The Road-- edited by two women I admire and find hysterically funny, Anne Lamott and Ellen DeGeneres, I have no choice but to dive into this one. It's an older title, but one that I just recently stumbled across.
Hmm. It appears that my January 2009 reading is all lined up. What are you looking forward to reading this year??
#MotivateMe Monday November 19, 2017
1 day ago