5 Ways Blogging Has Affected Me:
1. Through blogging, I have met some really cool people. Although some of the blogs on my list are written by people that I actually know here in the real world, I have a few virtual buddies that have developed as well. Specifically, Kathy over at 2Kids3Martinis is just a laugh a minute. Love that crazy girl! And I've had the opportunity to connect with JessicaH. over at Fustian that I sadly only got to spend time with on one occasion while she lived here in OKC. Really, Jessica...what's up with that??? I think you're crazysupercool (and we all know you have an awesome name!), and only got to chill with you circa St. Paddy's Day 2006. Bummer. God bless blogger for letting me get to know you a "wee" bit better:)
2. This blog allows me to share some of my brain process with my dear ole' dad. I get busy at work and don't communicate via e-mail as often as I should. And I HATE to talk on the phone, so I certainly don't call as much as I should either. Via my blog, my dad can keep up with what's up in this crazy brain. And hey... if he likes what he reads, he can comment. If not, he can ignore it. Gotta love that, LOL! There's always a certain danger to allowing your parents to read what you write...but I figure I'm 30 years old (Oh crap, I just turned 31- and totally forgot!!). Anyways, there comes an age at which you just have to say, "This is who I am" and just try not to reveal any deep dark childhood secrets via blog:) PS Love you, Dad!
3. I have always loved to write, but have fallen off the journaling bandwagon since having kids. Since I am much faster at typing than writing, blogging is a much more efficient way to release my thoughts. Most of the time, they aren't even important thoughts, but I can sleep better knowing that I've released them into the blogging void for any and all who are to read them.
4. I can share my love (or dislike) of books with others. Although I love Darrell dearly, we are definitely opposites in a lot of ways. Darrell likes to hunt and work on his old trucks. I like to read and sing. I'm definitely the more artsy-fartsy one in the relationship. I've bought him a couple books, but the only one he actually read was The DaVinci Code. (Funny sidenote: While reading DVC, he was so caught up in the book, you couldn't even speak to him without him snapping at you. He totally ignored all of us until he finished the last page. *Hmmmm* Guess it was good to get a taste of my own medicine:)) I recently bought him a Bear Grylls book thinking that it would capture his interest since BG is his tv boyfriend, but it's still sitting in the bag. Occasionally I will try to share my opinions about a book with him, but suffice to say, he doesn't give a shit. But he pretends to listen, and I guess that is what really matters:)
5. Blogging gives me something to do. Now that the wedding is over, I don't know what to do with my evenings. Some days I feel like life is anticlimactic now. I've had the kids. Bought the house. Gotten married. What's next??? I know there's always some endeavor right around the corner, but right now, I just can't seem to see it. I need a goal!!!! Oh wait. I do! Finishing this blog!!
So there you have it. That's why I do this crazy thing called blogging. What about you?? I'm curious!