Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tuesday Teaser

While browsing random blogs yesterday (which I spend entirely too much time doing:)), I ran across a great meme entitled Teaser Tuesday. And yes, I am aware that it is now Wednesday...but hey, what can I say? I'm a little behind sometimes.

Here's how it works. Open up the book you are currently reading to any random page and type two sentences from that page. The idea is share a tantalizing teaser from the book that will possibly, maybe, hopefully encourage someone to explore the book you are currently reading.

Here's my Tuesday Teaser...albeit a day late.

"Piper noted with grudging approval that Cornelia didn't flinch, the way some people did after saying the word 'die' in front of Elizabeth. On her last (and, if Piper had her way, final) visit, Connie Abernathy had actually apologized for the phrase 'drop-dead gorgeous.'"

From page 121 of Belong to Me by Marisa de Los Santos.

What are you reading?? Tease me!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a cute idea. My book is upstairs by my bed and I am too sleepy to go get it, but I will tell you some sentences soon. Maybe next Tuesday : )!

Jessica said...

LOL.. that's exactly why I didn't post this till Wednesday. I was too darn lazy to go get my book on Tuesday!