"Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability." - Sam Keen
It feels like it's been years since I've posted, although it's only been about two weeks. I only started this blog last August, but I feel so connected to it, to all of you, my dear, sweet readers. (All five of you.. you know who you are:) And you are sooo appreciated!). Summer fever has set in around here. I always write less during the summer months...choosing to spend my time taking trips to the park, reading, etc....
Since I'm too lazy to actually compose a thought provoking entry today (HA! When was the last time I did that??!!! Wait. Please don't answer that.), here's just a brief update on what's been going on in the Hall House.
- I have eagerly been awaiting reading Jen Lancaster's new book "Pretty in Plaid" & picked it up from the library Friday evening. And yes, I'm already done. What can I say?? I love me some JL! That being said- I still hold my opinion that "Such a Pretty Fat" is her best book so far. PiP was enjoyable--but I've found her blog entries (click HERE for the greatness) to be even funnier than her books. Does anyone else read Jen? If so, what are your thoughts?
- We took the kids to the driving range this past week. My six year old son has been golfing since he was a toddler (i.e. in the backyard, not at the golf course, LOL), so I wasn't surprised when he stepped up and knocked the sh*t outta that ball. I, on the other hand, have lost any golfing skills I may have once had. I consistently hit the top of the ball and/or almost sliced it into the man standing next to me. Oops! My bad. My dear hubby loves to golf, and since I've vowed to try to spend more quality time with him this summer, we're turning golf into a family event. A couple trips out to the course with all of us in tow, and he may change his mind:)
- Last night, DH had the grand idea to go hit up Celebration Station. I hadn't been there in years & was totally excited about getting to play miniature golf. So we go purchase our family pack and sit down to wait for our pizza, and lo and behold, a freak thunderstorm hits and power goes out in CS. You should have heard the screaming children up in that place...."MAMA!! Where are you???" "Baby, I'm right here, I'm right here!" (Lights flashing back on) "Oh sh*t.. you're not my kid!!". The Halls are so laid back, we were like, "Sahweet--everyone will leave and we will have this pad all to ourselves!". We rocked the indoor games, but unfortunately, the putt-putt course flooded out, so we will have to go back for that.
- The fam is headed to my mom-in-law's house this afternoon for a big Memorial Day weekend cook-out. I've really been looking forward to it. Of course I love spending time with our family & friends, but really--anything that gets me away from all the laundry piles around here is A-OK in my book! I'm planning on taking lots of pictures so prepare to be bombarded later.
- Although I haven't been posting much around here--I have been reading. I'm so glad I have such funny & intelligent bloggy friends to entertain me all the time. Love to all!
Have a great weekend everybody--Happy Memorial Day!!!