- I was SuperMom today, if I do say so myself. After working what seemed to be one of the longest days in the history of long days, I took the kiddos to the park, then out to dinner (Long John Silver, for those who are interested- that's how we roll, matey.). To top of the evening, we spent almost two hours at a little carnival that is currently residing in the parking lot of a strip mall near our house. Lots & lots of fun.
- Have I mentioned that I live in el barrio? Seriously. We, being Caucasian, are definitely in the minority in our area of town. We rock it Southside, Mexicanville. But I'm cool with that for quite a few reasons- 1)my kids will likely be bilingual by the second grade 2) where else in this city can you have your own personal ice cream man not driving, but actually pushing his very own ice cream/refrigerated/box thingy down the street?? 3) you can get some seriously good food around here AND lots of interesting finds at the grocery store. I truly love the cultural mix we are surrounded by.
- My sister just bought a red washer/dryer set. I'm insanely jealous:)
- On the ride to school this morning, I suddenly heard my son start singing "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?". And yes, I was very proud at his grammatical correctness. Proud that he didn't say "dontcha" which truly offends my ears.
- The new Martina McBride album came out today. I love love love me some Martina, and I personally think this is her best album in years. It's available for listen here if you want to check it out.... http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/2. I especially recommend track 5 "I'm Trying". This song was originally recorded as a duet between Diamond Rio & Chely Wright. I adored the song then, and almost started crying when I saw that Martina had released a version. And to top it off, it's an acoustic, stripped down version. In my world, it doesn't get much better than that. In the bridge, she sings, "...not a day goes by that I don't curse myself and all my sins.. Then he dropped down to his knees, by now they both were crying. He said I haven't been the man I want to be.... but I'm trying." Lyrical perfection.
- My daughter is the klutziest person I've ever encountered. Tonight, she literally fell over while standing still. Seriously. Right onto her little butt. How does she do that???
- I just noticed I've been using the word "seriously" a lot lately. What's up with that? Seriously?!
My randomness is complete for the night. I am going to go curl up with "Eat, Pray, Love". I've been overcome with an intense urge to reread this wonderful book. (Thanks, Cyndi, LOL!!) Hope everyone is having a good week.